Join our experienced, friendly guides on an eye-opening, exhilarating adventure kayaking down the wild Pelorus River, South Island, New Zealand, used in the filming of the second HOBBIT movie “The Desolation of Smaug”.
Definitely Family Fun 😀 😀
Wee Charlotte and her family had an awesome day on the river. A special thanks goes to their river guide Ross.
- Explore the very famous Hobbit filming location
- Kayak down the wild Pelorus River in your own kayak
- Stand on the same rocks as Bilbo and his friends
- Pass the same waterfall (as shown in the movie)
- Drink the 10,000 year old natural spring water
- Get involved in this amazing Middle-earth area
- Get to know inside information about the filming
Highlights of this Tour Package:
- A dedicated pick up from the Cruise Ship
- A scenic drive along Queen Charlotte Sound
- Exciting Hobbit kayak tour on Pelorus River
- Full range of safety equipment (wetsuits inc.)
- Lockable facilities to store your valuables
- Our delicious Picnic Style Lunch
- A special stop at The Vines Village
- A drop back to the Cruise Ship (as per schedule)
Catering options available!
From packed lunches to traditional smoked salmon BBQ served right on the river.
We also offer awesome catering packages for groups. Check them or ask us..!
On our kayak tours no experience is necessary as the tandem inflatable kayaks are incredibly stable. We supply a full set of safety equipment and dry jackets for those big splashes.
Whether this is your first time on the water or you are experienced in river kayaking, the wild Pelorus River has a lot to offer. You will be astonished by the beautiful waterfalls plummeting from sheer cliff faces into the river alongside your vessel. Join us on this adventure that will leave memories forever.
On our recent Hobbit & LOTR trip through New Zealand, we visited most of the filming locations from the movies. I can honestly say that the Hobbit kayak tour with Pelorus Eco Adventures was definitely the highlight of our journey! A special THANKS to our awesome guide and owner, Shane